FEM thanks its policyholders for approving the establishment of a R750m education fund
and is proud to announce that:
- our first initiative is to partner with Make A Difference (MAD) Leadership Foundation to launch the FEM Scholarship programme
- the goal of this scholarship programme is to impact business, education and leadership in South Africa
Applications are invited for the first FEM Education Scholarships to be awarded to high school learners and university entrants in need of financial support.
Preference will be given to current grade 6-12 applicants who:
- have a parent employed by a FEM policyholder (i.e. the children of your employees); and
- apply for the scholarship within the deadline of 31 October 2016 (or as close thereto as possible).
Please communicate this exciting opportunity to your employees by all means possible and assist them if necessary in completing the attached application form within the tight deadlines.
The basic qualification criteria for the scholarship include:
- Current Grade 7 to Grade 12 learner
- Academic performance > 65% aggregate
- Must be a South African citizen who speaks and understands basic English
- In need of financial support: gross combined income per household per month should not exceed R20 000
Further information regarding qualification criteria can be obtained on the MAD Leadership Foundation’s website: http://madleadership.org/scholarship/. Electronic copies of application forms can be found on the MAD or FEM websites or can be downloaded by clicking here.
MAD Leadership Foundation was formed in 2003 by Francois Pienaar. With a focus on leadership development through education, their approach is to identify academically talented scholars with leadership potential, who do not have the necessary financial resources, and offer them support in the areas of education, leadership, wellness and life-skills development. MAD Leadership Foundation holistically invests in the scholars’ academic, wellness, life-skills, mentorship and leadership journeys, ensuring that through the 9+ years on the programme they are given every opportunity to reach their full potential as South Africa’s future leaders.
If you are not satisfied with the service you receive from FEM please report your experience on the complaints line.
24 hours a day, seven days a week. This can be done anonymously if required.
Toll free: 0800 007 705
Free fax: 0800 00 77 88
Free post: KZN 138, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320
This is Independently managed by Deloitte Connect.